Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who wants some free money? How about some new supplies?

I thought that I should share a recent expereince with all of you!  My classroom, similar to several around the country, has an instrument inventory that needs to be updated.  Some classroom materials are definitely usable, but others are either severely damaged or beyond repair.  However, budget constraints don't really allow me the opportunity to purchase new instruments that would total about $10,000.  Through the help of a local insurance representative, I learned about a website known as Donors Choose.  This is a great site to post "projects" that need some help to be funded.

I will be honest, I wasn't sure about the success of the site, but through the generosity of perfect strangers, some of my materials are in the process of being replaced.  (My first project of $400 was completely funded in 6 days!  Another $400 project was funded in about 4 days!)  If you have budget problems and can't seem to find the extra money within your district, don't forget about those who still want to help!  Who wants some free money for their classroom?  Who needs some new supplies?  If you answered yes to either of these, take a few minutes to check out the website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment