Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Bicycle Built for Two



Click here to view my project ("A Bicylce Built for Two")
To be honest, Noteflight was not my favorite program for basic notation.  But I was able to find both pros and cons related to my experience with Noteflight.  First of all, the price was right for the program.  Music programs across the country routinely face budget cuts and other financial hardships.  So, when you find something that is FREE, you tend to remember it!  Overall, the program seemed relatively user friendly.  However, I found myself becoming more frustrated with the little things that never seemed to go right...I guess that a program should be able to read my mind (haha). 

When thinking about the field of music education and the Noteflight experience, it would be extremely simple to incorporate this notation program into any curriculum.  From an assignment perspective, students could easily share work with teachers and other students.  The online format of Noteflight would allow various individuals to critique/comment on someone's score, while still being able to promote creativity and individuality.  Students would also be able to work collaboratively on a given piece.  All of these things, as well as the price for the program, make Noteflight a valuable resource to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment