Saturday, April 2, 2011

Elementary General Music - Instrument Families and Sounds

I am always looking for ways to get my students interested in their own music education when they are out of my classroom.  Every time I find a good resource for them to use at home, I always post it on my school webpage.  This internet based game (created by the ArtsEdge people..."Perfect Pitch") will be the next addition to my student resources.  Not only does it give examples of the orchestra throughout the various musical periods, but it also allows students to create their own sound of orchestra by mixing the various instruments together.  You can also have them take a short quiz about what they learned.  I think that it's a great way to connect our music curriculum to home.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment